Half-Day History And Ecology Trek At The Makauwahi Cave Reserve - Kauai
OverviewThe Makauwahi Cave Reserveis ararelimestone cave and sinkhole system. Tour the caveand surrounding area and learn about the ancient island ecology. Begin 10,000 years ago, and work your way forward. This 4-hour private tour allows you to see deeper into this magical place.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourStart the day with a pickup from your Poipu Beach area hotel in the morning or afternoon, depending on the day chosen. A professional archaeologist will collect passengers in a comfortable "Tortoise" Ford Transit van, and start with a visually presented background of the south shore of Kauai.
Travel through the old sugar cane fields, to the area of the Makauwahi Cave Reserve. First, tour the cave itself, then have a well earned provided snack. Next, hike to an amazing lookout andsee a wide range of native plants and other ecological wonders. The trek will then visit the "weeders", or our tortoises, and hopefully see several endangered animals in the reserve Taro Fields before being returned to your accommodations.
Inclusions for Half-Day History And Ecology Trek At The Makauwahi Cave Reserve
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Poipu Beach area
- Beverages and bottled water
- Light refreshments and snacks
- Professional guide
- Private small-group tour
Exclusions for Half-Day History And Ecology Trek At The Makauwahi Cave Reserve
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Hanalei Bay Kayak and Snorkel Tour
- Kauai Shore Excursion: Journey to Waimea Canyon
- Kauai Learn to Surf Lesson
- Paddle Kauai Jungle Streams
- Na Pali Kauai Snorkel Expedition
- Shared Round-Trip Transfer: Kauai International Airport to Kauai Hotels
- Shared Departure Transfer: Kauai Hotels to Kauai International Airport
- Private Arrival Transfer: Kauai International Airport to Kauai Hotels