Half-Day Khajuraho Temples TourWrite a Review
From USD 24
OverviewAs one of the most popular attractions in North India, the city of Khajuraho deserves the name of 'Symbol of Medieval Heritage'. It encases the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their erotic sculptures that present distinction in artistry and eminence in architectural style.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourBetween 7am-9am, you will be picked up by your English-speaking guide and driven to the Khajuraho Group of Monuments. The Western group of temples contain the most accomplished Khajuraho temples with 84 towers, the Kandariya Mahadeva, dedicated to Lord Shiva and decorated with a profusion of sculptures with intricate details, symbolism and expressiveness of ancient Indian art. It also houses Devi Jagdamba Temple with its sensually carved statuary. The temples are famous for their architectural symbolism and erotic sculptures.
Afterwards, your guide will take you to the Eastern group of temples that house the largest Jain temple dedicated to Parsvanath. Although the Khajuraho group of temples were built together, they were dedicated to two different religions - Hinduism and Jainism. It suggests a tradition of acceptance and respect for diverse religious views among Hindus and Jains. Visit the temples of Brahma, Hanuman, Javari and Vamana.
Next you will be taken to the Southern group of temples through a local village. In the Southern group of temples Duladevo is a latest rendition that was built when creativity of Khajuraho was on its peak. It differs from Khajuraho traditional form as it has a wooden structure, which adds to its grandeur and represents later periods of architecture. One more Chaturbhuj temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is famous for its 3-meter high statue of Vishnu. After your visit to all groups of temples, you will be taken to a local market for shopping (approx. 1 hour) and then transferred back to your hotel or Khajuraho airport if you prefer.
Inclusions for Half-Day Khajuraho Temples Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Khajuraho
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Private Transfer
Exclusions for Half-Day Khajuraho Temples Tour
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.