Half-Day Kuching City Tour
OverviewJoin this half-day tour to explore Kuching city, which is cut almost in half by the meandering Sarawak River - its lifeline since time immemorial and where it all began in 1839. Its skyline is a mix of minarets and domes, ornate temple roofs, church spires, fortress, towers, modern and colonial buildings - all set amidst a profusion of greenery against the dramatic backdrop of the inky-blue Santubong and Matang Mountains. A tour of Kuching will take you from the era of the White Rajahs to the present day.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour half-day tour starts with hotel pickup by minivan to head to your first destination, Kuching South City Hall. Take in a view of Fort Margherita from the waterfront, see the futuristic Kuching Civic Centre, and enjoy a panoramic view of the city, the Syariah Muslim Court, traditional Malay houses built on stilts, and the mosque along the riverbank.
Winding through the heart of the city with your guide, look out for the majestic Astana, the former palace of the White Rajahs, now the official residence of the Governor of Sarawak. Stop for a few minutes in front of the Old Colonial Courthouse, complete with a clock tower and a granite obelisk built in memory of the second White Rajah, Charles Brooke.
Then visit Sarawak Museum, a treasure house of artifacts and exhibits with archaeological and cultural significance. After this, your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Half-Day Kuching City Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Half-Day Kuching City Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants free of charge; no seat
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
Customer contact number required when booking
No refund for cancellation received within 24 hours' notice
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.