Half-Day Lima Local Communities Tour
OverviewWant a small-group, half-day tour truly off the beaten path? Want to get to know Lima beyond the touristic areas? Then this half-day tour is what you are looking for. An intercultural experience that takes you off the beaten path to one of Lima's human settlements where, together with a local guide, you will discover a unique cemetery, learn about an organization that does excellent work to improve life in some of Lima's poorest neighborhoods and an entrepreneurial local lady who has started her own fair trade business in her own house. You will also have lunch with a local family where they will share some stories. Learn and witness daily life in this harsh environment, but also how warm, optimistic and hard-working these people are.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourYour tour leader for the day will pick you up from your hotel and, after a 40-minute drive, you will reach the first stop, which is the second-largest cemetery in the world. It's a very impressive and colorful place, different than any other cemetery you have visited before. It is located amidst the hills and human settlements and represents the interesting Andean burial traditions. The view is amazing and, if you're into photography, you will surely take a bunch of artistic photos.
After the visit to the cemetery, head towards the human settlement where you will visit a local lady who has started her own small business and artisan workshop in her house. She will tell you more about herself and her business. The group will be joined by a local guide who will show you around the neighborhood and take you to meet several local families. The first stop is the house of the local cook who has prepared a delicious Peruvian lunch. After lunch, the local guide will show you some of the innovative social and environmental projects that have been set up by a local NGO, non-government organization. The aim of this experience is a genuine intercultural experience since you will visit and interact with several locals.
These human settlements are the result of the late 20th century growth towards the hills by migrant populations in Lima. While these are the poorest neighborhoods of Lima, they are filled with hardworking people who are trying to provide a better life for their children. Learn more about daily life in this harsh environment and get the chance to be introduced to some of the efforts carried out to improve the situation. You will see the great work they are doing with local kids, teenagers or adults and on some days, you will even be able to participate in the activities. The visit focuses on hope, optimism and positive initiatives.
Your driver and guide will drop you off back at your hotel after the tour.
Inclusions for Half-Day Lima Local Communities Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Half-Day Lima Local Communities Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Tour can be canceled or altered due to extremely poor weather, political situation or other unexpected events. In case of cancellation, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for participants with medical conditions such as serious back or neck problems
A small amount of walking is involved. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes (no sandals)
During Summer (October - April), it is highly recommended to bring sunscreen and a hat.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lima City tour, Lunch and Pachacamac Full day
- Private Cooking Class With a Local Family in Lima
- Tour to Pachacamac Ruins and Archaeological Museum
- Caral full day Classic - Oldest Civilization in America
- 4-Day Lima Culinary Experience
- 7-Day Inca Treasures from Lima
- 8-Day Nasca Lines and Machu Picchu from Lima
- 8-Day Machu Picchu and Titicaca Lake from Lima