Visit the last capital of the third Myanmar Empire. Mandalay is situated in the center of the country, north of Yangon. Being the largest city after Yangon that is both a bustling commercial center and a repository of ancient culture, you'll see why Mandalay is a showcase for Myanmar art and architecture and is known as the country's cultural capital. Discover why this place is noted for its woodcarvings, silverware, tapestries, silk cloth and other traditional craft products.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourBegin your half-day adventure with pickup from your hotel in Mandalay by your private guide and driver. Stops on this morning or afternoon tour include one of the most revered religious monuments in Myanmar: the Mahamuni Pagoda, which houses a Buddha image originally made out of alloy until fine foils of gold were gilded on; it now weighs more than a ton (900 kg). See the golden crown decorated in diamonds, jade, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds.
Your personal guide accompanies you to the Shwe Inbin Monastery and Shwenandaw Kyaung (Golden Palace Monastery), an imposing teak temple that was originally built within the palace complex but subsequently dismantled and reconstructed some years later.
The tour continues on to Kuthodaw Pagoda, consisting of 729 marble slabs in which the entire Buddhist canon is inscribed. You'll visit a traditional handloom silk workshop as well as a Kalaga tapestries craftsman's shop before proceeding to Mandalay Hill, the only place with a panoramic view over the city and surrounding plain. If you selected the afternoon tour, this will be the perfect time to take sunset photos.
Conclude with a drop-off at your hotel in Mandalay.
Inclusions for Half-Day Mandalay City Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide and driver
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Half-Day Mandalay City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center are NOT included; supplements will be applied
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included; supplements will be applied
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking, required
Dress code is smart casual
You might also like
- 7 Days Interesting Burma
- Private Full Day Mandalay Heritage Tour
- Private Half-Day Tour Of Mandalay By Trishaw
- Mandalay Day Tour In Mingun
- 7-Night Shan State Adventure Of Mandalay
- 7-Day Excursion From Mandalay To Yangon
- Mandalay Private Day Tour
- Half-Day Mingun Excursion From Mandalay
- Private Tour: Sagaing And Inwa From Mandalay Including Lunch
- Art Sunset Cocktail At U Bein Bridge