Start the afternoon at Federation square where you will be escorted down to the banks of the Yarra river to join your hour long Yarra River Cruise. Learn about the history of the Port of Melbourne as you cruise past Southbank, Melbourne Aquarium, Crown casino, Polly Woodside and South Wharf towards the Docklands. There is also the option to add on a gourmet boxed lunch to eat whilst on board, should you not wish to take this option it is recommended that you have lunch before the tour.
Back at Federation Square, join your premium sightseeing coach for a tour of the outskirts of Melbourne and it's trendy inner bayside suburbs. On the coach enjoy expert commentary as you travel past the following points of interest:
- Melbourne cricket ground (MCG)
- Melbourne Park - home of the Australian Tennis Open and many famous concerts
- Melbourne's art and cultural center
- Docklands and Etihad Stadium
- Cross the Bolte Bridge for spectacular views of the city
- Port Melbourne
- Travel through the fashionable suburbs of Brighton and Elwood
- Travel along the same road as the F1 cars around Albert park Lake - the home of the Australian F1 Grand Prix
Your first stop on the tour visits the Royal Botanic Gardens. There is also an afternoon tea stop (at own expense) in trendy Acland Street, St Kilda. Here you have time to walk up and down the street with it's trendy shops, funky bars and delicious patisseries. This is a great opportunity to stop and have a coffee or tea with a scrumptious European cake (own expense).
Your last stop of the tour is at the Brighton Beach Bathing Boxes. These colorful beach houses line Brighton Beach and are a great place for vibrant holiday images.