- This tour is designed for people with little kayaking experience and/or those who prefer to kayak in water without waves or sea spray.
- Your Melbourne kayak tour starts in the city center at Boat House drive.
- Start time for the Day session is 1pm and Twilight sessions is 5 pm (April - September) 6pm (October, November, March) 7pm (December to February).
- You'll meet your guide, exchange forms, "gear up" with life jackets and then adjust your rudders for your double kayaks.
- People who come along "solo" will be matched up with another single or the guide will go in the back of the double.
- You will be then instructed on how to use your paddle.
- You will then receive a safety briefing before launching off the landing and onto the Yarra River for your journey.
- You soon get use to the rudder controls and use of paddles. The group then moves as one along the river.
- Pass by the old Customs House, turning basin, historical ships, the Mission to Seafarers, and take in views of restaurants and bars along the water.
- Your guide provides narration about the history of the old docks area along the way.
- Half way long the tour you will stop for a snack and drink plus a stretch.
- If you select the twilight tour, you will also see views of the sunset and the Crown Casino's pyrotechnics display at dusk.
- You then return back to the start and we send photos of the kayak tour, via email, the next day.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
7 Boathouse Dr, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia,
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
OverviewTake in views of Melbourne's skyline while paddling past restaurants, old ships, the former port area and new port.
This is a unique experience with easy paddling and a slow pace to take in the views.
Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way with talks about the former Customs House, turning basin, historical ships, former waterfall and "Mission for Seamen" head quarters.
There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and a drink.
The Twilight tour includes the Crown Casino pyrotechnics (fire ball) display at dusk and views of the sunset.
The tour is 2.5 hours duration.
Twilight sessions (5, 6 or 7pm, depending on light) are available.
Photos emailed after the event.
Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Great overview and orientation of the city
Led by a local guide
Snacks and Beverages included
All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tour
Snacks and drinks
Thermals, spray jacket, and all paddling equipment
Tour photographs (via email)
Your tour conveniently starts and ends at the same point, so no surprises
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
A maximum of 15 people per booking
Minimum age is 12 years (12-15 year old clients years must paddle with an adult)
Not recommended for participants with back or shoulder problems
Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If its canceled because the minimum isnt met, youll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund