Half-Day Mountain Bike Tour To Juella From Tilcara
OverviewWelcome to the Quebrada de Humahuaca, named a World Heritage Site in 2003. This 5-hour mountain bike tour will travel the rural gravel roads to visit Tilcara and its surroundings. Discover multicolored and eroded hills, a product of millions of years of erosion, as well as the history of the area. Leave the bikes for a short hike to admire the fossils of the Cerro Amarillo and visit the Pucara of Juella.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourBegin your tourat 8am with pickup from your Tilcara hotel. On arrival inJuella, listen to your guide's safety briefing and enjoy time to familiarise yourself with your mountain bike before heading out.
Set out on a 4-hour, 12-mile (20km) circuit, cycling alongthe dirt roads of the Quebrada de Humahuaca, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Along the way, learn more about the unique landscapes that make up the Province of Jujuy, admirethe strikingcolors of thehills,and spot native wildlife such asllamas, foxes, condors and eagles.
After around10km, hop off to visit the Pucara of Juella, an archaeological site that dates back more than1,000 years, where you can stroll aroundthe ancient ruinsand marvel at the fossils of the Cerro Amarillo. Before turning back towards the starting point, pause to take in thespectacular views overthe Quebrada de Juella (Juellas Gorge).
Atthe end of the bike tour, you will be transferred back toTilcara, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 1pm.
Inclusions for Half-Day Mountain Bike Tour To Juella From Tilcara
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
Exclusions for Half-Day Mountain Bike Tour To Juella From Tilcara
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Minimum age is 10 years
Easy level tour: suitable for participants of reasonable fitness
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.