- Meeting point for summit tour is at the Hobart Travel and Information Centre
- The tour begins at 1:30pm
- The tour begins with a stunning 30-minute drive from Hobart, winding our way through rainforest and tall eucalyptus trees up the mountain to the summit of kunanyi / Mt Wellington.
- From the summit enjoy a short pinnacle walk to the overhanging lookout where spectacular views of Hobart and the surrounding mountains are obtained (30-minutes minimum, weather permiting)
- Learn all about Hobart, Tasmania and the mountains history, in geologic, environmental and cultural terms, hear stories of bush rangers and Peter Degraves (Founder of Cascade brewery).
- On the way down from the summit we have an option to explore the 'Springs" area (the site of the former springs hotel under the famous Organ Pipes), where we can get a coffee from our friends at Lost Freight and enjoy a short stroll to a different viewpoint of Hobart (If time permits).
- Finish the tour with a visit to Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade. Relax and wonder around the beautiful Cascade gardens or enjoy a beer (30-minutes).
- At the end of the day we can drop you off along the way at your hotel, back at the Hobart Travel and Information Centre or at the door of your cruise ship.
- Minimum numbers apply for tour to operate (two people)
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 3 Hrs
Departure Time :
1:30pm The tour leaves the Hobart Travel and Information Centre Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Departure Details :
Outside the Hobart Travel and Information Centre
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Enjoy an afternoon on Mt Wellington (Kunanyi) on this two and a half-hour experience. Leaves directly from the Hobart Travel and Information Centre located near the waterfront. View 360 degree panoramic views of greater Hobart and the western wilderness. Enjoy a short walk on the summit while learning about the complicated history of Hobart and Tasmania. View Australia's oldest brewery, Cascades.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
- Professional driver and qualified local guide
- Small-group tour
- Pickup and drop-off from Hobart travel and Information Centre
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Port drop-off at the end of the tour if needed
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Infant seats are not available
Child booster seats (4-7 years of age) can be arranged if given enough prior notice
Not recommended for child aged 4 and under