OverviewDuring this private city tour of Panama City you will spend approximately 1.5 hours on each site and you will be able to choose the order of your visit and you will be accompanied by a professional bilingual guide who will narrate the history of Panama. During the tour you will visit the Panama Canal Miraflores Locks, Casco Viejo and the Amador Causaway.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYou will be met by a guide at your hotel in Panama City at either 8:00am or 1:00pm for an unforgettable excursion of the city's historical sites. The tour starts with a 30 minute ride to the Miraflores locks to observe the huge vessels passing the Panama Canal. The busiest hours are from 9am to 11am and from 2pm to 5pm, so you will be able to see many ships getting lifted or lowered 16 meters in two distinct steps. You will enjoy the view on the Locks from a sheltered terrace and listen to the explanations of your guide. To complete the visit of the Canal you will visit the Museum and Visitor Center at Miraflores which gives you a good idea on the construction of the Canal a masterpiece of engineering. You will also learn about the history of the canal and its significance for Panama and the entire world trade as well as on the current expansion project.
After the visit to the Panama Canal Miraflores Locks your guide will continue the tour and take you to the Amador Causeway, a road that connects three Islands in the Pacific Ocean and offers magnificent views on the Canal on one side and on the skyline of Panama City on the other side.
After the Causeway the tour continues to the Casco Viejo, Panama City’s colonial quarter. At the Casco Viejo you feel set back in time as you admire and enjoy the view of the lovely colonial houses, the narrow roads and the impressive churches. You will get a good idea about Panama’s history by driving or walking through the main attractions of this quarter.
Inclusions for Half-Day Panama City Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Half-Day Panama City Tour
- Entrance fees to the Canal center
- Surcharge of $50.00 round trip from 1 to 3 Passengers for pickups from Playa Bonita
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.