OverviewA journey to discover Parma and its traditions to get to know the culinary excellences this land is famous for. Stop at a cheese factory then proceed to learn about the famous Parma Ham. The tour will end in a typical restaurant where you will enjoy all the products of the territory and taste local wines like Lambrusco and Malvasia.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourGet picked up at your hotel in Parma to begin your delicious tour of the area.
Head first for a cheese factory to see how milk is transformed into Parmigiano-Reggiano. Learn how this cheese, devoid of any chemical additive, can be aged for years to improve its quality. Learn to recognize the various aging stages thanks to the tasting led by an expert.
Proceed to discover another culinary specialty of this area: Parma ham. In the ham-producing house, you will see every phase of the curing of the meat and taste the final result, yielded by meticulous aging.
Your tour ends in a typical local restaurant where you can enjoy all the specialties of the Parma region matched with excellent local wines like Lambrusco and Malvasia. Taste different types of salami, as well as the tortelli d'erbetta, a round pasta stuffed with ricotta and herbs, a traditional dish of Parma. As for dessert, you will discover the famous Sbrisolona and other dry pies. Lunch also includes water, wine and coffee.
Inclusions for Half Day Parma Food Tour
- Entrance fees
- Beverages and wine tasting
- Food tasting and 3-course lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from your accommodation or preferred pick-up point in Parma)
- Transport by private vehicle when applicable
Exclusions for Half Day Parma Food Tour
- Food and drinks, other than specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.