Half-day Private City Tour In LucknowWrite a Review
OverviewLucknow is the capital of Uttar Pradesh and also a center for Urdu poetry and courtly diction. This half-day private tour will show you most of the popular attractions including La Martiniere College, Residency, Asafi Imambara and Hussainabad Imambara.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Editor's Pick
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at hotel lobby in Lucknow at 09:00 am and leave for Bara Immambara (Asafi Imambara). It is an imambara complex in Lucknow built by Asaf-ud-Daula, a Nawab of Lucknow in 1784. Bara means big and an imambara is a shrine built by Shia Muslims for the purpose of Azadari. You will see the style, proportion and symmetry along with daring techniques in architecture.
At 10:30 am leave for Chota Immambara (Hussainabad Imambara). It is a structure houses the tombs of Muhammad Ali Shah, its builder and of his mother. Built between 1837 and 1842, it is also called the Hussainabad Imambara. You will see a white dome and numerous turrets and minarets and the walls of the mausoleum are decorated with verses in Arabic. Yyou can also see chandeliers, gilded mirrors, colorful stucco, the King's throne and ornate tazia.
Later on we will stop by Residency that used to be the official residence of the British Resident built in 1780-1800. It is a witness to one of the bitterest battles during the war of independence in 1857. Scars made by the cannons can still be seen on every standing wall. The last stop is La Martiniere, the finest and largest example of European funerary monument in the sub-continent.
The journey ends at 01:00 pm and we will take you back to your hotel in Lucknow.
Inclusions for Half-day Private City Tour In Lucknow
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off within Lucknow City limits
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Half-day Private City Tour In Lucknow
- Food or drinks
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2, 4, 8 or more
This private tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.