Your private tour guide will meet you at your hotel lobby in Hong Kong at 9am or 2pm.
If you have never been to Hong Kong before and have no preferences, you will have a comprehensive city tour covering both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. We will combine some of the must see's likeVictoria Peakand riding theStar Ferrywith something a little more off the beaten track to ensure that you see Hong Kong for what it really is;a city of contrastswhere the metropolis sits side by side with national parkland,wherethe super-wealthy walk shoulder to shoulder with people living in poverty, it isa city where east truly does meet west like in no other.
Some popular sites that you may like to include in your tour:
- Victoria Peak and the Peak Tram- admiring the view and learning about the notable buildings and the development of the city.
- Sheung Wan- learning about Chinese Medicine and medicinal foods.
- Central- exploring the banking and financial district and learning about Feng Shui in architecture and business.
- Soho- riding the worlds longest escalator system and seeing the most westernised side of Hong Kong.
- Tsim Sha Tsui- discover some of Hong Kong's oldest and most notable buildings including The Peninsular Hotel and Hullet House, the former marine police headquarters.
- Mong Kok- Explore the colourful Flower Market, Bird Market, Goldfish Market and Ladies Market.
- Sham Shui Po- visit the least affluent area of Hong Kong and learn about the day to day life of the average Hong Konger.
- Aberdeen- take a short cruise through Aberdeen Harbour and visit the famous floating restaurant JUMBO.
- Stanley- take a stroll along the promenade, shop at the famous Stanley Markets and learn about Stanley's history as a base for pirates.
Some discussion topics that you may be interested in:
- History- learn about the British colonisation of Hong Kong, the Opium Wars and Hong Kong's return to China.
- Culture and religion- visit one or more of Hong Kong's beautiful temples to learn about the religions of Taoism and Buddhism. Understand the importance of offerings and fortune telling.
- Politics- discuss the agreements under which Hong Kong was returned to China in 1997 the current political environment.
- Food- eat your way through Hong Kong tasting the Cantonese favourites of Dim Sum, Wonton Noodles, BBQ Pork, Fish Balls, Egg Puffs and more.
- Current Affairs, Day To Day Life Of The Average Hong Konger, Poverty, The Housing Crisis, Religion, Education, Architecture, Language.
After the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel or anywhere in central Hong Kong.