Half Day Private Excursion To Herculaneum From Naples Or Sorrento
OverviewIf you are interested in history, archaeology and cataclysms, this is the perfect place to explore, where undamaged patrician villas and intact human bodies drained in lava reflect the reality of an ancient time. Visit the stunning ruins of Herculaneum town buried under the Vesuvius ashes on a 4-hour private excursion from Naples or Sorrento cruise ports, or from your hotel.
- Enjoy a private transfer and a personal guide on a 4-hour tour of Herculaneum
- See some of the villas of Herculaneum's wealthiest citizens
- See intact bodies buried in lava
- Tour the ruins and see well-preserved mosaics and frescoes
- Multiple departure times and locations available
Know More about this tour
The city of Herculaneum, also known as the sister of Pompeii, was swallowed by the same devastating volcanic eruption of August 24th in 79 AD as of Pompeii. Left buried under the rubble of ash until the 1700s, its discovery stunned the world.
The detail with which Herculaneum has been preserved is extraordinary, considering the violence of the 500 C° volcanic flows that ravaged the city. Many of the remains are still buried, and further excavations have been suspended to concentrate on conserving what has already been uncovered. Your tour of the ruins will include visits to the interiors of the homes of Herculaneum's wealthiest citizens, and ancient street cafés where locals dined. You will learn about traditional Roman cuisine, the activities of the gymnasium, and the thermal baths, as well as enjoy numerous anecdotes about life in Herculaneum.
A private driver will meet you at the pier or hotel and transfer you to the ruins where an expert guide holding your admission tickets will take over. After, you will be taken back in comfort to your cruise ship terminal, or your hotel, either in Naples or Sorrento.
Inclusions for Half Day Private Excursion To Herculaneum From Naples Or Sorrento
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide and driver
- Hotel or port pick-up and drop-off from Naples or Sorrento
Exclusions for Half Day Private Excursion To Herculaneum From Naples Or Sorrento
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.