Half-Day Private Tour: Church Of The Savior On Spilled Blood And Russian Art Museum Including Traditional 3-Course Russian Lunch - Saint Petersburg
OverviewVisit the most iconic site in St. Petersburg after the Hermitage Museum: the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. It stands out with its multicolored facade and onion-shaped domes. Enjoy a unique chance to admire one of the largest mosaic collection of the world! See also the State Russian Museum (formerly the Russian Museum of His Imperial Majesty Alexander III) with your professional guide. The museum is the largest depository of Russian fine art in Saint Petersburg and it is also is one of the largest museums in the country. End your tour devoted to the Russian Art with a traditional 3-course Russian dinner right in the Russian Museum. Try one of the best Russian Vodkas and feel yourself real Russian!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your private art professional guide at the hotel lobby at 10am and start into a perfect day full of memories. The first stop will be the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. This Church was built right on the site where EmperorAlexander IIwas fatally wounded.The construction was completed during the reign ofNicholas IIin 1907. And nowadays you can find the stones from that blooded cobblestone pavement inside the Church.The Church contains over 7500 square meters ofmosaics more than any other church in the world! The view of the church from Nevsky prospectis absolutely breathtaking. Get your camera ready to take the best photos of your trip here!
TheSovietgovernment closed the church in 1932.During theSecond World Warwhen many people were starving due to theSiege of Leningradby Nazi German military forces, the church was used as a temporary morgue for those who died in combat and from starvation and illness. After the war, it was used as awarehousefor vegetables, leading to the sardonic name ofSaviour on Potatoes.
Some minutes walk from the Church and you are now in one of the largest art museums of the World - the State Russian Museum! Its original collection was composed of artworks taken from theHermitage Museum,Alexander Palace, and theImperial Academy of Arts. After theRussian Revolution of 1917, many private collections werenationalizedand relocated to the Russian Museum. These includedKazimir Malevich'sBlack Square,The Last Day of PompeiibyKarl Brullov,The Ninth WavebyIvan Aivazovsky,BogatyrbyViktor Vasnetsov,Reply of the Zaporozhian CossacksbyIlya Repin. Photo is allowed by the museum but no-flash.
By the 1st of January 2015, The Russian Museum possessed 410,945 exponents. Many outstanding masterpieces of art, graphics, sculpture, numismatics, ornamental creation work of national art and also archival depository are being here under vigilant control of the best Russian proficients in the arts. The collection of the Russian Museum includes about 5,000 icons of XII-XX centuries. 96 experts working at 16 workshops put their everyday forces to keep the treasures of the national art for the future generations! Some time ago the State Russian Museum opened it's brunch in Malaga (Spain).
When you've satisfiedyour cultural hunger it's time to take care of the physical one.At about 2pm the guide will bring you to the restaurant located right in the museum. So you don't need to leave the museum for your lunch. Here you will be able to enjoy a traditional 3-course Russian lunch with 1 shot (50 ml) of Russian Vodka.The guide will help you to find your seats and check that everything is alright for you. After your lunch ends you can get a taxi (at own expense) to come back to your hotel or go along Nevsky prospect to admire the beauty of this wonderful city!
Inclusions for Half-Day Private Tour: Church Of The Savior On Spilled Blood And Russian Art Museum Including Traditional 3-Course Russian Lunch
- Entrance fees to theChurch of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Entrance fees to the State Russian Museum
- 3-course Traditional Russian Lunch including one Russian Vodka (1 shot per person)
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Half-Day Private Tour: Church Of The Savior On Spilled Blood And Russian Art Museum Including Traditional 3-Course Russian Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions (comfortable air-conditioned vehicle can be provided for the additional payment)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- St Petersburg Shore Excursion: Visa-Free 2-Day Private Tour
- Private Cooking Class: Russian traditional Blini with red caviar and Shchi in pipkin
- Russian Bath Experience at Yamskaya Banya in St Petersburg with 3-Course Russian Lunch & Russian Vodka
- Saint Petersburg Pulkovo Airport Transfer Service
- St Petersburg Walk-and-Talk Tour
- Private Tour: St Petersburg Walking Tour