Half Day Private Tour: Desert Delights From ManamaWrite a Review
OverviewJoin this 4 hour tour that starts at 09.00am and takes you on a journey back to 1812. Visit Sheikh Salman Bin Ahmed Al-Fatih Fort, the very first oil well, oil Museum and the Tree of Life.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
You English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel at 9am, and take you first to Sheikh Salman Bin Ahmed Al-Fatih Fort. Built in 1812, the spectacular fort sits at a high vantage point overlooking the surrounding desert.
Next you'll visit the first oil well where Bahrain's oil industry began more than 70 years ago. People are often surprised to learn that Bahrain was pumping oil years before Saudi Arabia began its own search for black gold. In fact, Standard Oil, of California, formed the Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) in 1929, and Bahrain's first well was studded in October 1931, with oil found the following year at Jebel Dukhan, or Smokey Mountain. "Well Number 1," now a landmark tourist site in Bahrain, once produced 9,600 barrels a day.
Next proceed to the Oil Museum which is next to the First Oil Well. The Oil Museum was officially inaugurated in 1992. It houses old drilling equipment, samples of rocks found underground, topographical maps and some information about the companies that had participated in the exploration for oil (Oil Museum is open only on Friday) . The last attraction for the day will be the tree of Life. An Acacia tree which survives itself for more than 400 years in the middle of the Bahrain desert without any water supply. Some believe this tree belongs to the Garden of Eden.
After the tour you'll be taken back to your hotel, at around 1pm.
Inclusions for Half Day Private Tour: Desert Delights From Manama
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Half Day Private Tour: Desert Delights From Manama
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
A maximum of 3 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Pre/Post Cruise Private Sightseeing City Tour - Abu Dhabi
- Ayutthaya Temples Tour - Private Basis
- Visit To Pattaya Tower With Tower Jump & Lunch
- Tiger Kingdom Phuket
- Dolphins Bay Phuket
- Sanctuary Of Truth - Pattaya
- Bollywood Tour - Mumbai
- Snorkeling At Koh Rok With Lunch
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Private City Tour & High Tea Emirates Palace Combo