Half-day Private Tour From Bari To Matera And SassiWrite a Review
OverviewExperience Matera's, whose configuration and contrasting landscapes won a UNESCO World Heritage Site title at 1993. Also visit Sassi, an ancient city whose origins are lost in prehistory, and is rightly considered to be one of the world's oldest human dwellings, and geologically recalls the ancient Jerusalem and Cappadocia. Matera is also highly appreciated as a place to shoot movies, such as 'King David' with Richard Gere, 'The Passion of the Christ' directed by Mel Gibson and many others.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAfter you have met your professional English-speaking driver at the Bari port you can relax on a 90-minute journey to the fabulous Matera. You will get the chance to walk through streets of the so-called "underground city," which is made of caves, with houses carved into the rock, rock churches with frescoes and ancients buildings. Matera is also highly appreciated as a place to shoot movies, such as 'King David' with Richard Gere, 'The Passion of the Christ' directed by Mel Gibson and many others.
Starting from the area called the Piano (flat), the last level of urban development on top of Sassi, you will proceed along paths, alleys and stairs, which will enable you to descend into past. The route is studded with numerous stops, such as entrances to rock churches, cave houses, water collection systems, and cellars dug in caves. Your guide will help you understand many aspects that determined the lifestyle in Sassi.
Inclusions for Half-day Private Tour From Bari To Matera And Sassi
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Half-day Private Tour From Bari To Matera And Sassi
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Children price applicable if traveling with 2 adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.