Half Day Private Tour In Bethlehem: Visit The Birthplace Of Jesus And Shepherd's Field
OverviewAccompanied by your own private guide, visit the grotto of the birthplace of Jesus in the Nativity Church, Saint Jerome's Caves, Saint Catherine Church, Milk Grotto Church and the Shepherd's Field.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourMeet at 300 checkpoint and drive through the old city of Bethlehem through the old entrance of the city towards Manger Square and the Nativity Church. Visit the Nativity Church that was built by Justinian in 530 AD, and you will enter the Byzantine basilica through the main entrance, also known as 'The Door of Humility' and see the original floor of the first church of Constantine from 326 AD. You will take the steps to get down to the grotto, the spot where Jesus was born from Virgin Mary. Then you will continue to Saint Catherine Church and visit Saint Jeromes Caves to see the place where he translated the bible in the fifth century.
Walk to the Church of Milk Grotto. It is believed that while Virgin Mary was feeding baby Jesus, a drop of milk hit the ground and turned all of the stones white. You will then take a taxi to Beit Sahour. This is a historic town, whose name means 'Place of the Night Watch', in reference to the Shepherds who keep watch over their flock by night. In the past, the Canaanites inhabited its numerous caves, and today it is the home of many churches and convents. Churches now mark the sites of Shepherds Field, the Field of Ruth, and the Well of the Lady. After the tour, you will be drive back to 300checkpoint for departure.
Inclusions for Half Day Private Tour In Bethlehem: Visit The Birthplace Of Jesus And Shepherd's Field
- Local guide driver
- Pickup from Checkpoint 300or Bethlehem hotel
- Drop-off at Checkpoint 300or Bethlehem hotel
Exclusions for Half Day Private Tour In Bethlehem: Visit The Birthplace Of Jesus And Shepherd's Field
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.