Half-Day Private Tour Of Coptic Cairo Including Saint Simon Church In Moqqatam
OverviewEnjoy this half-day tour of exploring the Christian Egypt by visiting old Cairo and carved church in Moqqatam.
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYou can start your tour with your guide who will meet you at your hotel and take you to old Cairo where you can explore the "hanging church" and the remains of Roman tower of Babylon. You can go inside the Coptic museum for an extra fee.
Your next stop will be Abu Serga church where you can see the crypt that the holy family stayed in. Then you will explore the synagogue, formerly a Coptic church, where Moses was found in a basket by Pharaoh´s daughter, according to a legend. Then you will have a typical Egyptian dish for lunch, delicious Koshary which is a mixture of lentil, rice and macaroni with tomato sauce, fried onion and much more.
Then you will head inside the largest mountain El Moqqatam, where you will visit the church, which was carved into the mountain and you can see some Bible inscriptions. Afterwards you will enjoy lunch in a local restaurant, before heading back to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Half-Day Private Tour Of Coptic Cairo Including Saint Simon Church In Moqqatam
- Free WiFi in your van
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free welcome drink
- Lunch (koshary)
Exclusions for Half-Day Private Tour Of Coptic Cairo Including Saint Simon Church In Moqqatam
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Coptic museum entrance fee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.