Half-Day Private Tour Of Varanasi
OverviewEnjoy this 4-hour private tour of Varanasi, a cultural and spiritual hub. Explore the local streets dotted with famous market places, witness the spectacular evening Ganga Aarti ceremony, and immerse yourself in the local cuisine during a rooftop dinner. This tour includes a professional guide and hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourBegin your private tour with pickup from your hotel in Varanasi at around 4pm. Along Varanasi citys long winding alleys, make your way to Dal Mandi, a bustling old market lying at the heart of the city. Further, continue to the kite market, flooded with kites of all colors and sizes.
Visit two of the famous street markets in the city, the Chowk area and Vishwanath Gali. One of the largest silk markets in Varanasi, find shops selling beautiful clothes in crepe, chiffon, and the famous Banarasi silk. The silk is not just a fashion statement, but pure silk is used in draping the goddesses in temple ceremonies, and many other auspicious occasions.
See Dashashwamedh Ghat, Varanasis most popular and accessible bathing ghat, believed to purify your soul. In one of the most spectacular sights in Varanasi, hundreds of pilgrims, photographers, and tourists assemble to watch the magnificence of the Aarti as it unfolds every evening. The magical event is sure to spellbind you, as the priests chanting of mantras echoes, flames of burning lamps, and smoke rises from the incense sticks.
As the Aarti nears the end, the priests offers flowers, milk, and floating lamps to the Ganges. Pilgrims also offer lamps and flowers, as a symbol of hope and wishes, and the whole of Ganga is illuminated.
Lastly, enjoy a dinner at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Ganges and the ghats. Your tour ends back at your hotel around 8pm.
Inclusions for Half-Day Private Tour Of Varanasi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Rickshaw ride
- Private tour
Exclusions for Half-Day Private Tour Of Varanasi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Dress code is smart casual
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 5 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.