Half Day Private Tour: Old Capital Of Bahrain City TourWrite a Review
OverviewThis four hour tour starts 09.00am, you will visit, Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House, Shaikh Ebrahim Centre, Kurar House and Muharraq souq.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your first visit after your hotel pick-up will be to the historic Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House situated in Bahrain's second city, Muharraq. View the traditional Arab design style where each room directly overlooks an open courtyard and wind tower. The house represents the 19th century construction style using local materials like coral stone, mortar, and palm tree trunks. Look out the antique windows, decorated in ventilated gypsum geometrical designs for which Bahrain was well known.
Then visit the Shaikh Ebrahim Center. Shaikh Ebrahim bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, a well-known intellectual in the early part of the 20th century. The Center is home to research and today hosts a series of rotating lectures, exhibitions, and recitals by prominent writers, philosophers and artists from all over the world.
Next you will proceed to the Kurar House. Tour the house and view the beautiful age-old craft of embroidering traditional throbs with gold thread. Downstairs, there’s a leafy courtyard surrounded by rooms displaying handmade garments, while upstairs you can watch women wielding the needle and thread.
Your last stop will be Muharraq souq that is most well known for its halwa or sweet shops. Watch how the halwa, a sticky sweetmeat, is still made in the traditional way in enormous copper pots, by the halwachi. Visit famous sweetshop, Hussein Mohamed Showaiter Sweets and taste the warm halwa. Cut the sweetness of your treat with a strong cup of fresh, unsweetened qahwa. After you’ve satisfied your sweet tooth, you will be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Half Day Private Tour: Old Capital Of Bahrain City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Half Day Private Tour: Old Capital Of Bahrain City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
A maximum of 3 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Pre/Post Cruise Private Sightseeing City Tour - Abu Dhabi
- Ayutthaya Temples Tour - Private Basis
- Visit To Pattaya Tower With Tower Jump & Lunch
- Tiger Kingdom Phuket
- Dolphins Bay Phuket
- Sanctuary Of Truth - Pattaya
- Bollywood Tour - Mumbai
- Snorkeling At Koh Rok With Lunch
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Private City Tour & High Tea Emirates Palace Combo