Half Day Private Tour: Trail Of Delmon Civilization From ManamaWrite a Review
OverviewStart the 4 hour tour at 09.00am. Visit Bahrain Fort, Saar burial chambers, Barbar Temple and Burial Mounds.
- All entrance fees included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
At 09.00 your English speaking guide will meet you at hotel lobby. First visit will be Bahrain Fort, a16th century fort built by the Portuguese. The area where it is located is known as Qalat Al Bahrain with lots of hidden history of Dilmon Civilization.
Then Next will be Saar burial chambers. Saar is a single-period Early Dilmun settlement, located on the north-west part of the island of Bahrain, near the center of the Persian Gulf. Dilmun was a trade partner between the ancient states of Meluhha (the Indus Valley civilizations of Pakistan and India) and Mesopotamia (what is today Iraq). Saar covers an area of about 2.5 hectares (6 acres), and lies on the side of a north/south limestone ridge which once included an extensive cemetery.
Next proceed to the Barbar Temple Barbar temples to the north of Saar that were discovered in 1954. Its' excavations were continued by a Danish expedition until 1962, by which time three superimposed temples had been investigated and dated around 2000 BC at climax of the Dilmun civilization. Temples 1 and 11 are built on two superposed platforms and are connected to a monumental well and its spring, which apparently played an important role in the local cult. Little remains of the third temple which includes a large square platform and was apparently larger than the two previous ones.
The last visit of the day will be Burial Mounds. Notably scattered along large stretches of Shaikh Khalifa Highway, near the Hamad Town roundabout, these archaeological mounds are of great historical importance going back to the Dilmun civilization in the third millennium BC. Other archaeological mounds, which go back to the Hellenistic period of Alexander, the Great (2500 BC) are also found in various areas in Bahrain. You will then be returned to your hotel at 13.00.
Inclusions for Half Day Private Tour: Trail Of Delmon Civilization From Manama
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Half Day Private Tour: Trail Of Delmon Civilization From Manama
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
A maximum of 4 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.