Enjoy this half-day trip to Sanjay Gandhi National Park from Mumbai. There you will explore the Kanheri caves - an important testimony of ancient monastic life of India and thanks to its convenient trade-route location, occupied continuously since the 1st century BC to the decline of Buddhism in 9th century AD. You will be able to explore the mixture of Hinayana Buddhism and the Mahayana architecture.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOnce you are picked up in the morning by your driver, you will head off to the Sanjay Gandhi National Park
Carved into a cliff face, it served as a home to a large settlement of monks, whose daily life was filled mostly with study and prayers. You can admire various artefacts, such as water cisterns, intricate rock-carved stairways, halls and exquisite dwellings of senior monks.
Apart from admiring the caves, which are slightly hidden from the tourists, you can explore the part itself. Spread over a vast region of 9000 hectares, it is a home to various species of birds and animals, some of them endangered.
Inclusions for Half-Day Private Trip To Sanjay Gandhi National Park From Mumbai Including The Kanheri Caves
- Entrance fees
- Fixed menu lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Half-Day Private Trip To Sanjay Gandhi National Park From Mumbai Including The Kanheri Caves
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.