Half-Day Robben Island Tour From Cape Town
OverviewRobben Island needs no introduction with regards to the significance of its place in South Africas and indeed the worlds history. As home to one of the worlds most famous prisoners, statesmen and leaders in Nelson Mandela, Robben Island is quite possibly most well known island-prison on the planet.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourYou will be collected from your accommodation between 8am and 8.30am and taken to the Robben Island Museum where you will board a ferry to the island which is 12km away from the V&A Waterfront (entry to Robben Island included in price). The ferry ride is approximately 45minutes. Youwill then hop onto one of the buses and be led on a tour by previous inmates of the prison who will tell us stories of their's and Nelson Mandela's time in the prison.
The island, a World Heritage Site some 12km (5.5mi) offshore from Cape Town, was dubbed Robben (the Dutch word for seal) Island by early settlers in reference to the seal population at the time.Over the centuries, the island has housed a prison, hospital, mental institution, leper colony and a military base.The aforementioned Nelson Mandela spent 18 years of the 27 years of his incarceration imprisoned on the island.
After the tour of the island you will take a return ferry and your guide will then escort you back to your accommodation at around 1pm or you could choose to stay at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront for lunch and take a cab back when finished.
Inclusions for Half-Day Robben Island Tour From Cape Town
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Half-Day Robben Island Tour From Cape Town
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 4-Day Private Garden Route Meander Guided Tour from Cape Town
- Cape Town Helicopter Tour: Cape Peninsula, Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point
- 3-Day Western Cape Highlights Trip from Cape Town
- Cape Point and Peninsula Private Tour from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape Peninsula and Boulders Beach Penguins Day Trip from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape Winelands Tour from Cape Town