Half Day Samui City Tour - Ko Samui
OverviewKoh Samui, the second-largest island in Thailand, located off the east coast of Kra Ishtmus, attracts customers from all across the globe for its perpetual hustle and bustle. From temples like Wai Plai Laem and Wat Phra Yai to the serenity found at the Chaweng beach, the island is loaded with waterfalls and splendid architectural accomplishments that can leave you speechless. Known for its coconut grooves and the hilly rainforest region
Know More about this tourA touristy day on Thailands secondlargest island Koh Samui that is abundant with its sandy beaches and trees with coconuts hanging on them, begins with a pickup from hotel in the morning, followed by a visit to the lakesurrounded Wai Plai Laem a stunning feat of ancient ThaiChinese architecture which is a temple housing giant statues of the Guanyin and the Laughing Buddha,. It is designed by Thailands most prominent artist, Phumdonming.
Next is the Big Buddha Temple, locally known as Wat Phra Yai, located near a beach town called the Big Buddha Beach. A local temple that houses a goldpainted 12metrehigh statue of Buddha, it is a major tourist landmark attraction with free entry.
A few kilometres away is the Chaweng Viewpoint also known as Lat Ko viewpoint a panoramic masterpiece located between the Lamai and Chaweng beach. The enchanting sunrise on the Chaweng bay is definitely a treat for the eye.
The Hin Ta Grandfather and Hin Yai Grandmother rock formations are a unique set of the nature carving itself around the lives of its inhabitants. Shaped like male and female genitalia, the rocks have given birth to a local legend of tragedy and hope that attracts tourists from around the world. Additionally, the whole area is adorned with oceanside rocks perfect for a quiet little beach time.
This is followed by the Monkey Theatre Show. A performing arena which showcases trained monkeys as they demonstrate unique tricks that have been taught to them. One of the most sought after tricks is that of the monkeys harvesting coconuts.
One of the mostvisted tourist attractions is the Mummified Monk a mummified body of the Thai monk Luong Pordaeng, who died in 1973, sitting in a meditative position displayed in a glass case. For some it might be a little shocking, but for the Thais it is an act of reverence and reflection, an acceptance of the natural order of things.
The Na Muang Waterfall 1 has cool water flowing down into a natural pool, ideal for cooling off the days heat. One of the most scenic waterfalls of Koh Samui, it is perfect for a relaxing day out and allows for an adventurous elephant safari camp in the vicinity. The path to the waterfalls is paved by stalls selling snacks and souvenir shops. A perfect location for the explorer in you, the waterfalls makes for an ideal stop towards the secondhalf of the day.
Nathon Town is Koh Samuis capital town that is the real Thai life package, that doesnt catch your eye immediately but stays much after youve returned to your cozy homes. A wonderful opportunity to absorb the Thai culture, it is located a little down Koh Samuis West Coast and is constantly buzzing with people wandering down the Walking Street or trying to catch the gorgeous sunset as it dips in the west.
Once dropped back to cruise, you will surely remember the day that went by.
- 0930Starts with a visit to famous Grandmother and Grandfather Rocks, well known for their twin grotesque rocks on shore. Then we take you to the temple which is straight out of Ripleys believe it or not mummified monk at Wat Kunaram. Get to know amazing legend about the Great monk.
- 1230Then we head to the hill to see Na Muang waterfall we bet it cant get more exotic than this, exploring virgin waterfall.
- 13.30Than we take you to Nathon, the island mains town, what are you waiting for go shop for your close ones
- 15.00On the way back to the hotel we stop to visit the Big Buddha, which has become the Islands most iconic landmark.
Please dress appropriately as youll be visiting temples on this tour, or else entry can be denied by temple authorities.
Roundtrip Transfers in an airconditioned vehicle included from centrally located hotels in Koh Samui.
Transfer vehicle will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for passengers. Transfer once missed will not be provided again.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: From Hotel to Koh Samui Airport by Car
- Day Trip to Ang Thong National Marine Park from Koh Samui
- Snorkel and Kayak Tour to Angthong Marine Park by Speed Boat from Koh Samui
- Koh Samui Island Tour including Lunch and Thai Massage
- Phuket to Koh Samui by Shared Van and High Speed Catamaran
- Round-Trip Transfer to Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan by Speedboat