Half-Day Sapa Rice Fields Walking Tour
OverviewOn the way you will learn more about the different process from when the rice seedling is transplanted until it is served as steam rice on the dinner table. You will have opportunity to experience the daily life of Black Hmong and Giay minorities.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourThe short journey will commence with a drive southwards Muong Hoa valley. You will then start your descendingwalk into the valley, which is the largest paddy terrace in Sapa area. The guide can provide you interesting information about rice and rice growing. If you visit the valley sometime in between May and October, you will be able to experience how the local do planting and harvesting, one of the most important activities in their daily life. The walk takes you from Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority to Ta Van village of Giay minority, including a
visit to one of the local schools. After visiting Ta Van the vehicle will take you back to Sapa.
Note: This is the only place in Sapa where you can meet Giay minority. Be aware that the trail can be muddy and slippery in rainy time. You often be followed by the children trying to sell their souvenirs.
Approx: 16km driving/ 45 minutes; 4.5km walking/2 hours.
-The tour normally begins and finishes in Sapa (no surcharge)
-If your hotel is located in Lao Cai city, the surcharge for two way car (Lao Cai - Sapa) will be 62 USD.
-If your hotel is located in Topas Ecolodge, the surcharge for one-way car (Topas Ecolodge - Sapa) will be 24 USD.
Inclusions for Half-Day Sapa Rice Fields Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transportation
Exclusions for Half-Day Sapa Rice Fields Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.