Half-Day Self-Guided Hawkes Bay Coastline And Wineries Cycling Tour - NapierWrite a Review
Cycle some of the best trails in Hawke's Bay on this half-day self-guided tour. Itâs a 40km (25 mile) loop leaving from the historic port area of Ahuriri. This ride will provide a great variety of scenery including the Napier Township, Marine Parade coastline, Tutaekuri River, orchard, farmland and wineries. Allow 5 hours for this incredible journey.
- All necessary equipment included
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
Know More about this tour
Departing the port village of Ahuriri you will cycle around the port to the Napier CBD, a world renowned Art Deco treasure. Enjoy the unique facades of these beautiful buildings before continuing south, following Marine Parade with spectacular views across the sea to Cape Kidnappers.
After travelling approximately 12kms you turn inland at Awatoto and follow the trail along the Tutaekuri River stopbank to the suburb of Taradale. The countryside is very typical of the Hawkeâs Bay as you overlook orchards, vineyards and market gardens whilst sharing the trail with wandering cows.
On arrival in Taradale thereâs the option to visit the Silky Oaks Chocolate Factory, the historic Otatara Maori Pa site and the fine wineries of Church Rd and the Mission Estate, New Zealandâs oldest winery.
The final part of your ride takes you around the Ahuriri Estuary Wildlife Reserve, ending a really diverse day sampling some of the best highlights of our region.
Inclusions for Half-Day Self-Guided Hawkes Bay Coastline And Wineries Cycling Tour
- Bike, helmet, and pannier hire
- Route instructions and trail map
- Water bottle
- Tips and suggestions from a local
- Self-guided bike tour
Exclusions for Half-Day Self-Guided Hawkes Bay Coastline And Wineries Cycling Tour
- Wine tastings fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please note that most wineries charge for tastings. The charge is around NZ $5 per person and is usually rebated against any purchase
Opening hours at wineries vary, we will advise you where possible at the time of booking please advise your height and if you require a lunch reservation at the signature restaurants at Church Road or Mission Estate (lunch not included)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.