OverviewEnjoy a semi private boat tour to Burano and Murano limited to only 8 people to ensure personal assistance from your tour guide. On board of a luxurious motor-launch and accompanied by your English speaking guide, you will visit two among the most famous islands of the Venetian lagoon, Murano famous for its glass production and Burano, famous for its colorful houses and for being home to centuries old tradition of lace making. Pick up and drop off from Venice city center.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tour
Sometimes the best experience is shared with other people. On this tour, we will have a small group of 8 people embarking on a half-day experience to Murano and Burano islands.
You don’t have to worry about finding us, we will organize a pick up from Venice City Center and take you on a luxurious motor-launch to explore the islands. When you arrive on the boat, your guide will show you the magical Venetian lagoon composed of many small islands.
Your first stop will be in the beautiful and colourful Burano. It is famous for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is famed for it’s age-old lace making, but it is also a brightly coloured fisherman’s island, full of blue, red, pink, yellow and green houses. Local legend has it that local fishermen would paint the houses with such vivid colors in order to recognize their houses from a distance at sea. Nowadays, there are around 3,000 residents still living there and many of them continue the lace-making tradition. You will be also given some free time to explore on your own. After a pleasant stroll around the Island of Burano, we'll make our way to Murano - the most famous of the Venetian Islands, renowned for the production of glass!
The island is actually a small archipelago of various islands with around 4,500 people living there. Its history in glass-producing dates back to 1291 when the local Venetian council decided that the furnaces were causing too many fires in wooden Venice. This meant the glassmakers were forced to close up their businesses and move away to a new location - Murano island itself! As part of our tour, you'll visit a selected glass-factory to see a demonstration of glass-blowing as well as visit the factory's showroom to admire the high quality of glass produced on the Island. Your tour will conclude with a return transfer to Venice's City Center.
Inclusions for Half-Day Semi-Private Murano And Burano Boat Tour
- Local guide
- Luxurious motor-launch for transfers between Venice - Burano - Murano
- Return transfer to St Mark's area after the tour
- Visit to a celebrated glass factory on Murano to see a demonstration of glass-blowing
- Visit to picturesque fishing island of Burano, famous also for its lace-making
Exclusions for Half-Day Semi-Private Murano And Burano Boat Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Max 8 people per tour
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
Tour operates rain or shine
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.