Half-Day Shanghai Old Town Market Private Walking Tour
OverviewThis 4-hour private tour is designed to get a flavor of earthy part of the city for those who can only avail limited time or want to do some local shopping or try out some local food. You will see a bunch of various markets mainly and pass the old city wall, food street, old street, hidden alleyways and Shanghai old neighborhood area.
- Instant Confirmation
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourChoose either 9:00am or 1:00pm based on your booking time and meet up your guide at centrally located meet point (see voucher for details).
First of all, visit the Bird and Flower Market where locals seek ideal pets and curios. One the way, walk through a food street, arrays of alleyways to see what are the top and seasonable dietary necessities at a fresh food market. Feel free to try some of the local snacks (at your own expense).
Pass the only remaining parts of old city wall, walk through a tract of old with new development around to reach a hidden local antique market in the commercialized Yu Garden (or City God Temple) zone. Carry on by weaving through around the crowds to get to the largest small commodity wholesale market (also for retail) adjacent to the Yu Garden. Finally, after walking through the Shanghai Old Street, you will end by a fabric market (tailors' market) for a happy ending.
En route, you can have lunch at a recommended restaurant pursuant to your interests.
Your guide will give you adequate instructions and advice, no matter you choose to stay, go to another place or return to hotel.
Inclusions for Half-Day Shanghai Old Town Market Private Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- No admission involved
Exclusions for Half-Day Shanghai Old Town Market Private Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour with Tea Tasting at Confucius Temple
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Tour to Suzhou with Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- 2 Days Private Shanghai City Tour-No Shopping Stops