Half-Day Sightseeing Tour Of Miri City
OverviewSituated in the north-eastern part of Sarawak, Miri is the largest town in the state. Popularly known as the Oil Town of Sarawak, it has a population of approximately 170,000 people whose harmonious interaction and hospitality never ceases to amaze first time visitors. The tour will start with a pickup at the hotel lobby and you will be taken to some of the exciting and interesting places Miri has to offer!
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, your 3-hour tour begins in the morning or afternoon with a drive through the 'Oil Town of Malaysia.' Board your coach and listen asyour guide providesan overview of Miri'soil history. Pass by Tua Pek Kong, Miri's Taoist Chinese temple, and see theMiri Resident Office while your guide points out other highlights includingtrendy shopping malls, the oil and gas complex, and Piasau Nature Reserve (Piasau Camp).
Visit the Miri Handicraft Centre, a cultural hub for the different ethnic groups ofnorthern Sarawak. See a wide variety of handicrafts ranging from the Iban Pua Kumbu cloth to Kenyah woodcarvings and Lun Bawang tree bark products. The coach also stops atthe limestone outcrop of Canada Hill, which featuresOil Well No. 1, an industrial monument known as the 'Grand Old Lady.' Admire viewsof Miri and itssurroundings, then continue on to the Petroleum Museum to learn more about the development of oil and gas industries in Malaysia. (Entry fee is payable direct.)
Before yourtour concludeswith hotel drop-off, stop atTamu Muhibbah, a market where farmers sell theirproduce and poultry.
Inclusions for Half-Day Sightseeing Tour Of Miri City
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (shared transfer)
- Professional guide
- Coach transport
Exclusions for Half-Day Sightseeing Tour Of Miri City
- Entrance fees (if applicable, and payable directly at the venue)
- Food and drinks
- Surcharge for round-trip transport fromMiri Airport
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please select the appropriate option when booking: Single Traveler or 2 or More.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.