Make your visit to the Colosseum a unique one by entering the monument directly from the Arena, through the very same entrance gladiators used to join the fights. This special reservation will have you skip the line and access the amphitheater using a different entrance from the general public one. Your licensed guides (both English and Spanish ones available) will meet you in the tour office near the Colosseum and will bring your group (maximum 25 people) directly onto the Arena for a 3 hour tour, that will go over not only the Colosseum but also the archaeological area of the Roman Forum and the panoramic Palatine Hill.
- All entrance fees included
- Skip the line
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tour
This 3 hour guided tour of the Colosseum is the ultimate way to visit the symbol of Rome. With multiple start times to choose from throughout the day,you will join a small group (maximum 25 people) and an English-speaking guide in the tour office near the Colosseum. From here, you will head to a special entrance of the Colosseum, reserved only for customers joining this tour. You will skip all the lines and thus maximize your time in Rome. This special reservation will let you enter the amphitheater directly onto the Arena, the very same stage Gladiators used to join the fights!
From this stage you will visit the ring that overlooks the underground areas of the Colosseum. While you take in the amazing view, your guides will share their knowledge about the history of Ancient Rome and of the Colosseum in particular. The guides are all licensed and have a degree either in Art History or Archaeology, and enrich their explanation adding amazing anecdotes about the Colosseum, its spectators, the fights between wild beasts and gladiators, and the lives of the powerful Emperors and politicians of the time.
Your tour of Ancient Rome will continue to the Palatine Hill, one of Rome’s seven hills. Here, emperors and wealthy families used to have their houses built, to enjoy the stunning view over the Roman Forum and Circus Maximum. Your group will then walk down the Palatine Hill and stroll among the ruins of the Roman Forum, an archaeological area that the guide will bring alive sharing more history and anecdotes about Ancient Rome. Our guides use overlay books and 3D pictures to show you how each column, temple and building used to look like at that time. You will understand what those ruins used to represent, linking them to the main characters and events of Ancient Rome’s history.
At the end of the tour, you will return back to the starting point and from there can proceed with the rest of your day.
Inclusions for Half-Day Skip-The-Line Tour Of The Colosseum With Entrance From The Arena
- Skip the line entrance fees
- Guided tour in English or Spanish
- Entrance on the Colosseum's Arena
Exclusions for Half-Day Skip-The-Line Tour Of The Colosseum With Entrance From The Arena
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Normal sized backpacks are permitted as huge backpacks will not be admitted.
Small group tour will average 16 people (with a maximum of 25 people).
Please be aware that to enter the Colosseum it is necessary to pass a metal detector security check;
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour