OverviewExplore Phuket's past life as a major trading port for merchants, when the island was lovingly called the "Pearl of the Andaman". Get an in-depth and hands-on look at the history of the island with this 5.5 hour walking tour. Learn how the discovery of tin would forever change Phuket and the people who call it home.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourStart your 5.5-hour tour of Phuket Town with hotel pickup in the morning. You'll begin the day like a local by visiting the wet market, where age-old traditions are still part of daily life.
Learn from your guide about the history of Phuket while you explore the quaint streets lined with Sino-Portuguese shophouses and grand mansions. The buildings harken to a time when British, French, and Portuguese colonists were drawn to the island to seek their fortune in tin mining.
Gain admission to the Chinpracha House (Baan Chinpracha) for a peek into the past; peruse the vintage Italian tiles, artifacts, and old photographs lining the walls of this elegant mansion. Discover Chinese cultural influences during a visit to the Thai Hua Museum and observe tea vendors preparing Malay tea.
Walk among an eclectic mix of art galleries, clothing shops, cafes and temples en route to the old post office and Phuket’s original hotel, the First Resort Albergo, built in 1929. Finish your walk with a well-earned lunch of of hokkien mee, a local specialty made of fried Chinese noodles. Afterward, you're transferred back to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Half-Day Small-Group Walking Tour In Phuket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Half-Day Small-Group Walking Tour In Phuket
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.