Half-Day Temples And City Tour Of Chiang RaiWrite a Review
OverviewChiang Rai Province in northern Thailand, is home to the small delightful city of Chiang Rai. This half day tour, with return hotel transfers, will show you the most historic temples and monuments, in and around the city, including the ornate and modern Wat Rong Khun temple.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Visit the main market area and Wat Phra Kaew Chiang Rai, where the famous Emerald Buddha (now in Bangkok) was found in A.D. 1434. Then visit one of Chiang Rais oldest temples, the Wat Phra Singh which was built in 1385, a little over a century after the city of Chiang Rai was founded by King Mengrai in 1262 and its oldest surviving original buildings are typical northern Thaistyle wooden structures with low, sweeping roofs. Continue to a private museum called Oub Kham (Golden Bowl), named after the museum's most valuable masterpiece used in important royal rituals. The museum also displays rare clothing, silver, textiles and other artifacts from northern Thai nobility, including pieces from Burma, Vietnam and China. Lastly, visit Wat Rong Khun, also called The white temple; inside it contains murals and paintings of the Buddha image and painted enamel ceramic floor. The outside is created with lime sculpture Thai designs decorated with small pieces of mirror that make the building sparkle and shine under the sunlight.
Inclusions for Half-Day Temples And City Tour Of Chiang Rai
- Quality transportation
- English speaking guide (other language of guide is available on request)
- Porterage, entrance fees and meals as specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Chiang Rai hotels only)
Exclusions for Half-Day Temples And City Tour Of Chiang Rai
- Other services than mentioned
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Program is subject to change due to local condition
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.