Half-Day Tho Ha Village Tour From Hanoi
OverviewSituated right by the bank of a romantic river, just about one and a half hour driving from Hanoi, Tho Ha village is becoming a more and more popular destination for tourists who wish to discover the rural life and ancient architecture of Vietnamese people.
- Seasonal Offer
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWhile it used to be a busy pottery village before the 1980s, after the demand for pottery going down Tho Ha village had changed into making rice papers or dry pancakes. Until now, they still keep the traditional lifestyle and old houses, old temples, pagodas going. The village is also the creative inspiration for many painters, filmmakers to visit and produce hundreds of masterpieces.
8:30: The tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and you'll head on a scenic road trip to Tho Ha Village. Upon entering the village via a ferry across Nhu Nguyet River, you will see lots of 1 x 6ft. bamboo grids each covered with sheets of rice paper. The grids are leaning against exterior walls, horizontal supports about 5ft high, and along passenger ways.
You will come to visit a house of a local family in the village. Here the host will introduce you the process of making rice paper. One interesting thing is that people move the grids from one location to another as the gelatinous rice sheets dry out; and no one measures moisture content with an electronic device; rather, it is all done by experienced eyes.
Afterwards, it will be time to visit the next destination: Dinh Bang village, located in Bac Ninh province of Red River Delta, 17km from Hanoi. Dinh Bang communal hall is one of the largest, finest and picturesque village communal houses in Vietnam.
12:00: You will get to enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, then have a small talk with the locals to get deep understanding about the local life here. After short break, it will be time to on the bus back to Hanoi.
14:00: Arrive in Hanoi, and the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Half-Day Tho Ha Village Tour From Hanoi
- Lunch prepared by the host
- Private driver & English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels in the Old Quarter only)
- Transport by private vehicle with air-conditioning
Exclusions for Half-Day Tho Ha Village Tour From Hanoi
- Drinks, personal expenses and other services not mentioned above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Night Sapa Easy Trek and Homestay with Round Trip Transfer from Hanoi
- 2-Day Halong Bay Cruise on the Viola cruise from Hanoi
- 3-Day Halong Bay Cruise on the Viola from Hanoi
- Hanoi Night Market and Street Food Tour
- Hanoi Private Departure Transfer: City Center Hotel to Airport
- Overnight Halong Bay Cruise on the Lavender Cruise