Half Day Tour Bat Trang Pottery Village - HanoiWrite a Review
OverviewThis one is a completely different kind of a tour. You will not visit the mainstream Hanoi and go to a really simple place. The Bat Trang Pottery Village is perfect for anybody who likes to appreciate little things in life. You will discover the hidden secrets of this humble village, mingle with the artisans and you will see the complete procedure behind how you get those beautiful pots.
- Discover the small, hidden alleys of this village and visit a local workshop to interact with the craftsmen
- Observe the complete production cycle, from preparing the clay to shaping the products, painting them and firing them in the kiln.
- Visit a local workshop to interact with the craftsmen
Know More about this tour
While much of the famed Bat Trang pottery is now imported from elsewhere, this do-it-yourself operation, a welcome break from the madness of Hanoi's centre, is perfect for anyone feeling nostalgic for art class. Only 13km southeast of the central Hanoi, Bat Trang Village was established in the 14th century. What makes a better souvenir that one you make yourself ?
Honoured by the beatific words 'I wish I could marry you/ I will buy Bat Trang bricks to build our house', Bat Trang Ceramics are the pride of northern Vietnam. Bat Trang village's ceramic products such as vases, bowls, dishes and other items have been exported across the world. Pick up a decorative kettle, candle holder, incense burner, house model or architectural fixture in a variety of colours _ or if you're feeling a little crafty, make your own! Bat Trang Ceramics Village is only a short drive from central Hanoi.
You are picked up at hotel then tranferred to Bat Trang village - Located on the outskirts of Hanoi by the banks of the Red River, Bat Trang is a traditional handicraft village specializing in ceramics.
Discover the small, hidden alleys of this village and visit a local workshop to interact with the craftsmen and observe the complete production cycle, from preparing the clay to shaping the products, painting them and firing them in the kiln.
Have some wanderring around the market and pick some items if you prefer.
Inclusions for Half Day Tour Bat Trang Pottery Village
- Private transportation with air-conditioned
- Local English speaking guide
- Sightseeing fees
- Mineral water and towels
Exclusions for Half Day Tour Bat Trang Pottery Village
- Visa, Travel Insurance
- Peak tourist season or special event rates
- Tip, meals, drinks and other personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.