Half-Day Tour: Connemara Wild Atlantic Way Guided Beach Horseback Ride From Galway
OverviewExplore a unique Connemara island beach on horseback and experience the thrill of beach horse riding along the Wild Atlantic Way on this popular 3-hour equestrian escape. This Omey Island trek is punctuated by dramatic land and seascapes, historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea. Treks are suitable for beginner to advanced riders and includes a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 local guides. Depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot.
Know More about this tourAfter arriving in Cleggan village (transport not included in this package), make your way to the riding centre at the entrance of Cleggan village, where you will present your voucher at reception. Then you will gear up for the ride - hats and boots will be supplied by the riding centre. Make sure you bring appropriate rain and wind gear.
In the arena you will meet your guides and your horse for the day. The guides will make sure that you feel comfortable and safe. After a short assessment you will leave for the pony trek towards the beautiful Omey Beach and Omey Island. The guide will lead you off road, where you will pass Courthoor Lough and you can see some famous Connemara Ponies in the fields.
Arriving in Claddaghduff, you are right on the Wild Atlantic Way and will make your way to one of the Wild Atlantic Way Signature Points - Omey Island, which is a designated Special Area of Conservation. On the beautiful Omey Beach you have the chance to take pictures and depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. Then you cross Omey Beach the guide will lead you to the other side of Omey Island, where you have a fantastic view over the wild Atlantic. Then you make your way back to Omey Beach, where the horses can cool themselves while riding through the sea.
Depart Omey Beach and ride back to the riding centre to dismount at the conclusion of your memorable horseback riding experience.
Inclusions for Half-Day Tour: Connemara Wild Atlantic Way Guided Beach Horseback Ride From Galway
- Horseback riding tour
- Hats and boots are available at the riding center
Exclusions for Half-Day Tour: Connemara Wild Atlantic Way Guided Beach Horseback Ride From Galway
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from Cleggan village
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
As times of rides are tide dependent. Once booking is received, a Beach Horse riding VOUCHER will be supplied AFTER booking with ride times and details for date booked. Please print out and bring with you to validate
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Connemara Day Trip Including Leenane Village and Kylemore Abbey from Galway
- Connemara Day Tour
- Cliffs of Moher Express from Galway
- Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Galway
- Beach Horse Riding in Connemara on the Wild Atlantic Way - Half Day Guided Tour
- Beach Horse Riding in Connemara on the Wild Atlantic Way - 1-Day Guided Tour
- Open-Top Galway City Tour
- Guided Bicycle Tour of Galway City