Arriving from the south, Bergamo's Citt Alta catches the eye, majestically looking down over the plains. Nestled on hills and entirely enclosed by Venetian walls dating back to the 1500s, a UNESCO world heritage site, it represents the "historic heart" of Bergamo.
Taking our tour, in half a day you will visit Citt Alta's symbolic and history-laden places: Piazza Vecchia with its 13th century Palazzo della Ragione and the Torre del Campanone (Big Bell Tower), which you will climb to enjoy a breathtaking view; Piazza del Duomo looks onto the Cathedral and the splendid Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica, the admission to which is included in the tour price; the Renaissance Colleoni Chapel and Baptistery; a visit to the Cittadella (Citadel) and the Colle Aperto area, with a magnificent view on the Parco dei Colli opposite.
- Meeting Point: Largo Colle Aperto, Citt Alta di Bergamo.
- An official local guide speaking one of the below languages will be waiting at the meeting point to accompany you on the tour
- Available languages: Italian, English, German, Spanish and Polish.
- Immerse yourself in a 2.5 hour tour of Citt Alta's narrow streets and squares, historic buildings and monuments to experience and relive a millenary history and culture.
- Climb the bell tower for a 360 panorama, overlooking the lower city and the Po valley plain to the south, as well as the hills and the Bergamo Alps to the north.
- Enjoy lunch in a restaurant with the possibility of tasting typical traditional dishes from a regional menu.
The entire itinerary unfolds along picturesque cobblestone streets, onto which shops, restaurants and cafs look. At the end of the tour, lunch in a restaurant awaits you with the possibility of dining on classical Italian cuisine, as well as a local menu with typical dishes from the Bergamo culinary tradition.