OverviewThis tour will give you the opportunity to visit Monreale's cathedral, world renowned for Arab-Norman golden mosaics and included in the Unesco World heritage sites. A walking tour of Palermo city center will then show you monuments of very different age and style and a lively 1000 years old open air market, where you will have the opportunity to taste typical local products. This tour will be operated as half day tour from Palermo on Mondays.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThe tour will start from our meeting point located in Palermo, where the driver will pick you up. A short drive (approximately 30 minutes) will take you to Monreale, to see where the Arab-Norman art and architecture reached the pinnacle of his glory with the Duomo (admission fees are not included). Launched in 1174 by William II, it represents scenes from the Old and New Testaments, all in golden mosaics. We will provide a licensed guide if the group will be minimum 6 people; for groups from 1 to 5, the visit inside Monreale Dome will be independent.
After the visit of the Dome (approximately 30 minutes), transfer to Palermo and walking tour of the city center. The walking tour will start with the lively Ballarò market, a place overflowing with beautiful fresh fish, local vegetables and cheeses. Originating from the era when Sicily was occupied by the Moors, this 1000 years old market has run much in the same manner for centuries. It has strong Arab influences, resembling an eastern souk, and these influences are also evident in the merchandise itself. Next to mounds of ricotta and caciocavallo cheeses, barrels of olives and fat slabs of swordfish sit saffron and other spices, as well as sacks of beans and gorgeous indigenous fruit and local vegetables. Here you have the opportunity to taste a typical palermitano dish, such as the famous Panelle (a thin paste of crushed ceci/garbanzo beans rolled into sheets, fried and served in pizza-like slices).
Then we walk to Piazza Preoria and the famous "Four Corners" converge in a quartet of Baroque palaces from the climax of the Spanish rule dating from 1560. The short stroll will continue through Via Maqueda with the external view of Massimo Theater (The Opera House) and Politeama Theater. The tour will end in Piazza Ruggero Settimo.
Inclusions for Half-day Tour Of Monreale, Palermo Market And Palermo City Center
- Local taxes
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Half-day Tour Of Monreale, Palermo Market And Palermo City Center
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Children must be accompanied by an adult
The tour includes approximately 2 hours of walking, please advise in case of walking restrictions
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.