Pick-up at your hotel and proceed for an excursion to Amarapura, 15 km (30 minutes) from Mandalay. Visit MAHAGANDAYON, a famous Buddhist monastery, where more than a thousand monks live and study; continue to 200-year-old U BEIN teak bridge, built in 1782 at the time when Amarapura was Royal capital. Since then it is noted for silk- and cotton weaving. Visit a traditional hand-woven silk workshop. Visit BAGAYA MONASTERY, with a superb collection of Buddha statues. Return to Mandalay.
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Myanmar has a lot of influence of Buddhism and you are sure to observe that through monasteries, stupas and pagodas at every corner. But, Amapura is one of the most famous cities with various monasteries for you to see. You will start your tour with a short drive and start feeling peaceful right from the first monastery that has about 1000 monks studying and living. There are many other places that you will explore and spend a fulfilling half day in this ancient royal capital.
- Visit one of the ancient royal capitals.
- See an old palace and go back in time.
- Witness some of the most beautiful monasteries.
- See various points that serve as Buddhist retreats.
Know More about this tour
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Water bottle & cold towel
- Private transfer by AC vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Admission fees
- Personal expenses
- Other services are not mentioned above including.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sightseeing Cruise Between Mandalay and Bagan
- 7-Day Excursion from Mandalay to Yangon
- Private Full-Day Sagaing-Ava-Amarapuya Tour from Mandalay
- Full Day Excursion in Mandalay
- Full-Day Mingun and Ancient Capitals of Mandalay Tour
- Private Full Day Mandalay Heritage Tour
- Private Full-Day Mandalay and Mingun Tour Including Boat Ride
- Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura and Mingun Full-Day Tour From Mandalay By Private Car