Half-Day Tour To Sacred Citadel Of Pachacamac - Lima
OverviewDiscover the pre-Inca ruins of the Temple of Pachacamac on a 3.5-hour tour from Lima and learn the legend and known facts about the sacred palaces, temples and ancient oracle. Explore Limas bohemian Barranco district, protected swamps and more.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourExplore the unique archaeological site of the Sacred Citadel of Pachacamac, located 24 miles (40 kilometers) southeast of Lima.
Following your transfer from the city center, learn the history of the site in the Valley of the Lurin River. Start with a panoramic view of the Pucllana Pyramid, built in 4th century AD and considered a sacred village by the Incas. Continue to the Pachacamac Oracle, also known as the Temple of the Deity.
Old Andean civilizations believed Pachacamac was the creator of the universe, and the citadel comprised temples, pyramids and palaces, such as the Temple of the Sun, Temple of Pachacamac, and Acllahuasi (Palace of the Virgins of the Sun).
Next, go to the bohemian district of Barranco, the cliff area of Lima where wealthy citizens built their summer homes in the 1920s. Visit the enchanting Puente de los Suspiros (Bridge of Sighs). Then, head towards El Salto del Fraile, perched on cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and enjoy some breathtaking views.
End at the Pantanos de Villa, the only protected wetlands in Lima, to see water birds and more.
Inclusions for Half-Day Tour To Sacred Citadel Of Pachacamac
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the districts of Miraflores, San Isidro and Lima downtown (other districts have an extra cost of $5 approx per person)
Exclusions for Half-Day Tour To Sacred Citadel Of Pachacamac
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.