Half Day Trip To Herculaneum From Sorrento
OverviewTake a half day excursion with an expert, authorized guide and a comfortable bus to visit the archaeological site of Herculaneum. You will spend an unforgettable day discovering the rest of the Roman’s city.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDue to the eruption of the Volcano Vesuvius in the year 79 A.D. Herculaneum was flooded by a torrent of mud and lava that hardened into a soft tufa (a kind of course rock). This preserved many of the wooden parts of homes and household objects which can be seen today. A large part of the town is still hidden and many treasures are to be discovered.
Herculaneum was the pearl of Naples, less commercial than Pompeii, in fact the Villas are smaller than Pompeii and often decorated with brick columns and fine frescoes. The Forum, the Basilica and the Baths are in perfect conditions and the guide will be at your disposal to make you discover the finds of the great Roman Empire.
Return to Sorrento for lunchtime.
Inclusions for Half Day Trip To Herculaneum From Sorrento
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Half Day Trip To Herculaneum From Sorrento
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees €11,00 per person to be paid locally
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Entrance fee 11,00 per person to be paid locally
Customers aged less than 18 will have free entrance with a valid ID
1st Sunday of the month free entrance
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.