OverviewThe Masaya Volcano National Park comprises of an area of 54 km2 and includes two volcanoes and fiver craters. The volcanoes have erupted several times in history, and were feared by both the indigenous people and the Spanish conquerors. The Spanish baptized the active volcano “La Boca del Infierno” or “The mouth of Hell”. They planted a cross, “La Cruz de Bobadilla” (named after Father Francisco Bobadilla), on the crater lip in the 16th century in order to exorcise the Devil.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up and driven to the Nindir municipality where the Masaya Volcano is located. Once you arrive, please advise your guide/driver if you would like to stop and visit the museum to lean more about the history of the Volcano. From there you can walk upto the rim of the volcano whereyou will be able to see the active lava boiling and bubbling below with plums of smoke rising into the sky.After the hike, you will be taken to a local restaurant for a traditional Nicaraguan lunch where you can try a delicious quesillo, or feast on a fritanga.
Inclusions for Half-Day Trip To Masaya Volcano From Managua
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour (depending on level of lava)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Half-Day Trip To Masaya Volcano From Managua
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
Cruise passengers welcome
Child & senior citizen friendly
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.