Half-Day Trip To Mt. Vesuvius From Naples
OverviewGet a close look at the iconic volcano that buried the city of Pompeii. Journey to the edge of the crater of Mount Vesuvius on a 4-hour guided day trip from Naples. On the drive from Naples, see Mount Vesuvius on the horizon in its unusual beauty. Drive through the National Park of Mount Vesuvius and journey up the mountain to stop at an altitude of approximately 3280ft (1000 mt). From there, climb up the mountain path that will take you to the crater. Take in the view of the bay of Naples spread below you and learn from professional volcanologists about the geology that led to the eruption of this devastating giant.The maximum group size is 18-25 people. Tour includes round-trip transportation from central Naples hotels or the cruise port.
- Skip the line
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourBegin your journey with pickup from your central Naples hotel or the cruise port at 12pm. Your driver will bring you by air-conditioned coach toPompeii (approximately 30 minutes), before ascending up the mountain. After approximately 40 minutes, you will reach the highest point accessible by car, analtitude of approximately 3280ft (1000 mt). From here, you will begin your hike to the true top of the volcano--the crater.
The path to reach the crater is not difficult, but remember to wear good walking shoes--it is an uphill climb. After approximately 25 minutes, you will be treated with a chance to peer in to the heart of the volcano. A unique experience to reach the most characteristic location of the region, climbing to the top of Vesuvius is the best way to enjoy the fantastic view of Naples and its bay.
Once at the top, meet the volcanologist guide of the National Park and hear about the many transformations of the mountain during its geological history. Hear tales of the history that connects the local people to its volcano. Understand how and why this force of nature was able to destroy the two cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum in 79 AD. After the 30 minute presentation with question and answer, you will have time to linger at the summit and take pictures of the Bay of Naples. The vantage point is unparalleled.
Tour ends at approximately 4pm with drop-off at your hotel or the cruise port.
Inclusions for Half-Day Trip To Mt. Vesuvius From Naples
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Volcanologist guide at the summit of Vesuvius
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Half-Day Trip To Mt. Vesuvius From Naples
- Mt Vesuvius entrance fees ( 10 per person. Your guide will collect the fees to secure your skip the line tickets)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or alternative tour
Your tour operator will collect the Mt. Vesuvius entrance fee on board the bus in order to secure your skip the line tickets from the ticket office "guide's counter"
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting
- Naples Shore Excursion: Sorrento and Amalfi Coast Independent Day Trip from Naples
- 90 Minutes Naples Segway Tour
- Guided Naples Underground Tour with Transport
- Amalfi Coast e Capri Island Overnight Tour from Naples
- Private Guided Pompeii Ruins and Sorrento Tour with a Farmhouse Lunch