Half-Day Trip To Xunantunich Maya Archaeological From San IgnacioWrite a Review
OverviewXunantunich Maya Temple means Maiden of the Rock," and it is located only 30 minutes south-west of San Ignacio Town, in the beautiful village of San Jose Succotz. This makes this site one of the most accessible Maya Temples in the area. To gain access to this magnificent site one must cross the Mopan River on a hand-cranked ferry. This is also a great place to pick up souvenirs and popular gift items like hand-made hammocks, slate carvings, jewelry, etc.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourXunantunichi, pronounced 'Shoo - Nan - Tu - Nich', gets its name from a legendary folktale about the ghost of a woman who as locals have it inhabited the sacred grounds as far back as the late 1800’s.
A classic period (300 – 900AD) ceremonial center located just a stone’s throw away from San Ignacio in the beautiful Maya village of San Jose Succotz, making this one of the most accessible Maya Temples in the area. Xunantunich boasts Belize’s second largest Maya structures named El Castillo (The Castle) standing 130 feet and offering an astonishing panoramic view of the Maya Mountains.
To get to the site one must cross the Mopan River by a hand cranked ferry, which then gives us access to the one mile ascent into one of Belize’s most popular sites. Here you will find yourself immersed in pristine jungle surroundings, home of howler monkeys, spider monkeys, birds and iguanas. While exploring along with your guide, you will learn about the history of this site and the Maya civilization that once inhabited it.
Things to bring along: Cool and comfortable clothing, hiking tennis shoes, camera, bug spray, sun block lotion.
Inclusions for Half-Day Trip To Xunantunich Maya Archaeological From San Ignacio
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Park Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Half-Day Trip To Xunantunich Maya Archaeological From San Ignacio
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Things to bring along: Cool and comfortable clothing, hiking tennis shoes, camera, bug spray, sun block lotion
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.