OverviewTuol Sleng Museum, known as the Museum of Genocidal Crimes was used by the Khmer Rouge as a detention and torture center in the late 1970. The Killing Fields at Cheung Ek are an important memorial site for Cambodians and visitors from all over the world to pay their respects for those lost. A visit to both is almost an essential item on your list when visiting Cambodia.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYour tour starts with pickup from your Phnom Penh hotel by your guide and driver for the ride to the Toul Sleng Museum (aka Prison S21).
During Cambodia's Pol Pot regime, Toul Sleng, formerly a high school, was converted to a detention center known as S21. After interrogation and often torture, prisoners were transferred to the ‘killing fields,’ where they were often tortured again and brutally killed. Today, the building is home to exhibits that display paintings and photographs of many of the victims. On your tour, you can see the crude cells built in the classrooms and the torture devices used to extract 'confessions' during the regime's Stalin-esque purges in the late 1970s.
After the museum, continue your tour to the Killing Fields at Cheung Ek, located just outside the city center. This site was a Chinese cemetery before it became the Khmer Rouge’s best known killing field, where the remains of nearly 9,000 bodies have been excavated from mass graves in the area. A memorial stupa has been erected with a display of more than 5,000 human skulls, bones, and pieces of clothing from the victims. During the years of the Khmer Rouge, thousands of Cambodians were tortured and imprisoned in detention centers around the country; please note that this visit is a profoundly moving but also depressing experience.
Your tour ends with return to your hotel.
Inclusions for Half-Day Tuol Sleng Museum And Cheung Ek Killing Fields
- Entrance fees
- Transportation by car
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Half-Day Tuol Sleng Museum And Cheung Ek Killing Fields
- Food and drinks
- Transfers from hotels located outside of the city center (additional fee applies)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to the graphic images at the Tuol Sleng Museum and Cheung Ek, this excursion may not be suitable for families with children
Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Sunset Cruise On The Mekong River From Phnom Penh
- Mekong River Half-Day Small-Group Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day City And Architecture Tour
- Phnom Baset And Udong Mountain Tour
- Half-Day Tuol Sleng Museum And Russian Market Tour In Phnom Penh
- Private Phnom Penh Departure Transfer: Hotel To Airport
- Full Day Koh Dach Island By Tuk Tuk From Phnom Penh
- Half-Day Phnom Penh Icons City Tour
- Half Day Phnom Penh Food Adventure
- Sunset River Cruise In Phnom Penh