Half-Day Walking Tour Of Gyeongbokgung Palace And Tongin Local Market - Seoul
Overview3-hoursmall group walking tourin SeoulVisit a local marketwith your professional local guideDiscover a traditional landmark in Seoul Gyeongbokgung Palace, which is the most beautiful and remains the largest of all five royal palacesStreet food tasting andlunch box in traditional Korean street market
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in front of the Gyeongbokgung Station Exit 5at 9:45am. Watch the Royal Changing of the Guards Ceremony before heading inside Gyeongbokgung Palace.
During the Joseon Dynasty, the royal guards performed the given task by guarding the Gwanghwamun Gate, the entrance of Gyeongbokgung Palace where the king ruled the country. Since 1469, the ceremony has taken place and the reenactment of the original ceremony began starting 1996. It catches the eyes of passersby, as guardsmen perform the changing of guards in traditional costumes at the main gate of Gyeongbokgung Palace in downtown Seoul. This ceremony is performed daily, except on Tuesdays when the palace is closed.
Built in 1395, Gyeongbokgung Palace is also commonly referred to as the Northern Palace because its location is furthest north when compared to the neighboring palaces of Changdeokgung (Eastern Palace) and Gyeongheegung (Western Palace). Gyeongbokgung Palace is arguably the most beautiful and remains the largest of all five palaces, with beautiful buildings such as Gyeonghoeru andHyangwonjeong Pavilions, which are both on top of ponds.
After your walking tour of Gyeongbokgung Palace, we will visit the hidden local market.Tongin Market was built in 1941 and opened a unique food cafe in 2012. It had been set up for the Japanese residents during the colonization but got used back by Koreans after the war. It features many grocery stores and food stands.Unlike other traditional markets, it offers an unique experience for visitors to exchange money into ancient yeopjeon (brass coins), the currency used during the Goryeo and Joseon dynasties. Fill your lunch tray with a variety of freshly prepared food found throughout the market. Enjoy a5-10 types of snacks and drinks in the friendly market atmosphere. Tongin Market is also a famous shooting location of popular local shows such as the Infinite Challenge and Super Junior Ms Guest House.
Inclusions for Half-Day Walking Tour Of Gyeongbokgung Palace And Tongin Local Market
- English Speaking Local guide
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Lunch box
Exclusions for Half-Day Walking Tour Of Gyeongbokgung Palace And Tongin Local Market
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant meals not included
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jindo Miracle Sea Road Festival (Depart from Seoul)
- Boseong Green Tea Festival from Seoul
- Night Food Tour in Seoul with Traditional and Modern Cuisine
- Group Seochon Korean BBQ Walking Tour
- 4 in 1 Tour Strawberry Picking and Nami Island with The Garden of Morning Calm
- Seoul Highlights Small-Group Tour with Lunch and Nanta Show
- Seoul Private Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Tour
- Korean Culture Walking Tour with Gyeongbokgung Palace