Explore Wieliczka Salt Mine with a 4.5-hour guided tour from Krakow. See one of the oldest salt mines in the world, dating back to the 13th century. This unique underground complex of chambers and chapels, carved entirely in salt, has been included on the UNESCO World Heritage sites list. You'll have 2.5 hours at the mine, enough time to visit all the wonders of Wieliczka with your professional guide. Tour includes all entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off by shared, air-conditioned minivan or minibus. Guided tour at the mine will be a maximum of 35 people. Choose one of two departure times when you book.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Meet your English-speaking driver outside the lobby of your central Krakow hotel at the advised pickup time.Travel in an shared, air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle with door-to-door pickup and drop-off. The journey to Wieliczka Salt Mine takes approximately 30-40 minutes.
At Wieliczka, you will join a guided group tour, conducted in English. It covers all of Wieliczka’s underground wonders, including St. Kinga’s Chapel where even chandeliers are made of salt crystals. Along the way, you will see an underground lake, caverns, narrow tunnels, salt sculptures, and little chapels. The guided tour inside the salt mine lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Boxed lunches can be arranged at additional cost. Tour ends with drop-off at your Karkow hotel at approximately 2:30pm or 8:30pm, depending on option selected.
Inclusions for Half-Day Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow With Transport
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge and insurance
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- WiFi access
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines for entrance tickets
Exclusions for Half-Day Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour From Krakow With Transport
- Food and drinks
- Boxed lunch (available for purchase, please advise at time of booking)
- Photography (requires a photo pass which costs 10 PLN / 2.5 EURO - cash only)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. The route includes over 800 stairs.
Not recommended for participants who become easily claustrophobic. There are some very narrow paths inside the salt mine and this may be difficult for some. Once you have begun the tour there is no possibility to shorten your visit or turn back.
Hand luggage should be of a reasonable size, and larger luggage should be left in the car.
Photography is allowed if a photo pass is purchased which cost 10 PLN / 2.5 EURO - cash only.
There is no minimum age to experience the activity, however, children should be capable of walking unassisted or be carried in baby slings or baby carriers. Baby strollers are not allowed underground.
Not wheelchair accessible
Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 15ºC or 59ºF, it is recommended that you bring a jacket
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.