Half-Day Yogyakarta Cycling Tour To Kota Gede
OverviewA different perspective presents itself once you cycle from one Yogyakarta sight to another. With this half day of meandering through streets, alleys and roads leading from markets to a royal resting place, true Yogyakarta comes alive from your bike.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourWhile you may see becaks criss-crossing through traffic in Yogyakarta as the traditional means to get from point A to B, we will venture out on classical and well-maintained bicycles to get more into the back alleys and sights that are often forgotten. For 4 hours, you will find yourself paddling from local markets to traditional resting places of the royals and Javanese houses.
After preparing your bicycle and the safety briefing from your Yogyakarta trail leader, were off for a rewarding view of Yogyakarta. Head out to the historical sites that surround Kota Gede. This historical neighborhood has gained name and fame not only Indonesia but also beyond its borders for its silver industry since the first artists and silversmiths opened their atelier in the 1930's. Before that, Kota Gede was the first capital of the Islamic Mataram Kingdom, founded by Panembahan Senopati in 1582. Weave through the village of Bumen and Kembang Waru known for its bakeries in making locally-favored, and often shaped like hibiscus flowers, bread to the Pasar Gede. Also known as the Pasar Legi, you will have time to browse through the displayed merchandise, meet some of the shopkeepers and search for some handmade treasures or souvenirs.
As we move slowly out of the city, pass one of the oldest mosques in Kota Gede, built in 1575, which still is a place for worship for the local community; we head out to the Royal Cemetery, a few kilometres outside the city centre. The Imogiri is the official cemetery of the first King of Mataram and his family and still bears a very important place in the lives of the Javanese. Entrance to the cemetery has strict regulations in terms of dress code all visitors must wear the traditional Javanese dress which is included in the price before entering these highly respected grounds.
The road back to your hotel passes an excellent example of a Joglo, a typical Javanese house where one can see how once colonial architecture was blended while maintaining the highest respect for the Indonesian style of constructing houses. The tour will conclude in your hotel lobby.
Inclusions for Half-Day Yogyakarta Cycling Tour To Kota Gede
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide
- Use of classical bicycle, safety briefing and helmet
- Drinking water, tea, coffee and snack en route
- Javanese dress rental at the Royal Cemetery
- All entrance and donation fees and activities, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees included
Exclusions for Half-Day Yogyakarta Cycling Tour To Kota Gede
- Personal expenses
- Supplements for transfers outside Yogyakarta and customers from any harbor
- Tips and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour only is operational during the opening of the Royal Cemetery (closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays)
Revised operational programs may take place during the Holy month of Ramadan
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Yogyakarta Morning Tour: Sunrise Over Borobudur Temple, Cycling in Villages with Lunch
- Full-Day Borobudur Prambanan and Yogyakarta City Tour
- Ramayana Performance with Dinner at Prambanan Temple from Yogyakarta
- Mt. Merapi Slopes Hiking Day Trip from Yogyakarta
- Private Borobudur Sunrise Tour from Yogyakarta