- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know where are you staying?
Kisauni Airport, Tanzania
Abeid Amani Karume International Airport, Zanzibar Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania.. read more
Return Details :
Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Start your journey in this 5-hour snorkeling tour in Zanzibar City and travel toMnemba Atoll in the northeast coast of the Island. A Marine Reserve, well known for its fish life likelionfish, moray eels, stingrays, and turtles swimming around in the shallows. Venture further out the reef drops away into a big reef wall inhabited by schools of giant trevally and emperor fish hunting, yellow snappers, barracuda and ifpossible napoleon fish and turtles. The snorkeling trips are accompanied by an experienced guide who will help you find the fish, answer any questions you have about them and ensure you are safe and comfortable.
Free snacks included
All necessary equipment included
Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Duration: 5 hours
Location: Mnemba Atoll, Unguja City, Zanzibar Island, Zanzibar Archipelago
Duration: 5 hours
Location: Matemwe Beach, Matemwe, Zanzibar Island, Zanzibar Archipelago
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Use of Snorkelling equipment
Entry/Admission - Mnemba Atoll
Entry/Admission - Matemwe Beach
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 3 years
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
This was the WORST tour we had in East Africa. The driver was nearly an hour late to collect us, then once we parked up he stood around with 5 other men all arguing aggressively, eventually we had to interrupt to ask what was going on to which we were told "I'm find you a captain". Finally we head off for the boat and theres 2 other men to assistant on the boat. It takes us nearly an hour to get to the island and it was PACKED, boats everywhere and completely unsafe. For lunch we were given a bottle of water each and a few pineapple and mango slices. No snorkelling equipment was provided so its lucky I brought my own, but my partner had to sit alone on the boat with nothing to do. The driver knew a little english but didn't engage with us about the marine life or anything, and the other two men couldn't speak english at all, so the tour was highly uncomfortable. The boat was tiny and old, the ladder was too short. Finally I asked the captain to head back, once we were on shore we were expected to tip all 3 men... FOR WHAT? I paid over $200 for this tour and it was awful! Please avoid this tour at all costs, rather book with your accommodation provider.
We really enjoyed this snorkling tour around Mnemba Atoll. First we went looking for dolphins and we saw some wild dolphins. There was a lot of fish and we were able to snorkle for about two hours with a break. During the break we were served fresh fruits and water. After snorkling we went to a beautiful sand bank and spent half an hour there before heading back to Zanzibar Island. Beautiful tour!
Viator offered a half day snorkeling trip. Maybe we were two hours on the water and they asked us if it’s ok to turn around. That was ok for us because we had nothing to drink and also we got no fruits or snacks which offered. In addition they had no equipment for snorkeling. I was happy that I had my own mask with me. But the other girl on my tour ( we were just two ) hadn’t. The tour guys were so friendly to ask another boat to borrow us one. But nevertheless we hadn’t flippers. So that was hard to snorkel for more than 30 minutes. The other strange thing was that I booked a snorkeling tour and the other girl booked a dolphin tour. So I don’t know how is the communication between and local agency’s. I’ve never had such a bad experience with before
- Very poor and dirty snorkeling equipment: moldy tubas; broken/cracked masks; fins not right size (we requested size 40 and got 46!); 1 fin of a pair missing.
- no bottled water or any other drinks on board; no snacks on board.
- the guide had to borrow a dirty knife from another boat to cut the watermelon.
- the guide did not speak a word of english, let alone that he could explain us anything about the atoll, the marine life, the environment.
- we didn't see any of the fish / aquatic wildlife mentioned in the tour description.
- The ladder was way too short to get back on board. The lowest step did merely reach the water surface.
- Also, there seemed to be a problem with the tickets for accessing the atoll (heavy discussion between the guide and the driver).
- After so called 'snorkeling', we initially went back to the beach where we embarked (as agreed with our driver). However, we were not allowed to disembark (while all other snorkeling tourists did) and had to navigate for another 45 minutes in the pouring rain to Matemwe beach. We didn't understand what was happening. We were brought to a restaurant where they expected us to buy lunch. When we refused and asked to be driven back to the hotel, we were verbally assaulted by 2 men. We were intimidated not to write any bad review. The whole tour felt like a scam.
This was a terrible experience; never again !
Great snorkeling tour. We were picked up at our hotel on time and our guide Mohamed told us all about Zanzibar as we made our way through the small villages in-route to the location of the boat. The van driver was professional and friendly unfortunately I have forgotten his name and had some excellent recorded music playing. The boat was nice and well kept and the captain took really good care of us and pointed out many interesting things underwater. He also cut up and provided us with fresh fruit in-between snorkeling locations. All 3 of the guys were great. When you book request Mohamed and get his crew. You won't be disappointed!!
The variety of the sea life was amazing! Didnt know about the swimming crabs that pinch you. There were a lot of them. Also the drive came 45 minutes later to pick us up. Other than that, great experience.