The day will start by a city tour through Salzburg including the settings, where the movie Sound of Music was made, like the Mirabell gardens (Do-Re-Mi), the old town with the Cathedral, the Castle of Leopoldskron (home of the von Trapp family in the movie)and the Castle of Hellbrunn with its park (Gazebo). After this the tour leads over the hills (which are still alive)to the breathtaking countryside east of Salzburg, known as the Lakes District or Salzkammergut area. We will drive past Lake Fuschl to St. Gilgen at Lake Wolfgang, enjoying the famous areal view across the lake (view at the beginning of the movie). After a longer stop in St. Gilgen, where you have time for Lunch, the tour continues via Bad Ischl to the heart of the Lakes District, the lake and the town of Hallstatt, where you will stay for approx. 2 hours. On the way back to Salzburg, the tour leads via Lake Mondsee to the town of Mondsee, where you will visit the wedding church of the movie.
- Group Tour
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 8 Hrs
English, German, Spanish
OverviewThis combination tour is just what you need to go ahead and visit the city in totality. The trip includes a visit to the city of Salzburg that is sure to mesmerize you with its charm and tranquility. The tour also includes a visit to Mirabell gardens, the Castle of Leopoldskron and much more.
- This tour is a combination of the magnificent city and the picturesque countryside of Salzburg in one day.
- It takes you to all the major sights, where the movie Sound of Music was made.
- Starting with a complete city tour, the tour leads to the Mirabell gardens, the old town, the Castle of Leopoldskron
- Visit the hills to one of the most beautiful areas of Austria
- Past lakeFuschl our way takes us to St. Gilgen at lake Wolfgang
- Visit Hallstatt and its beautiful lake.
- There you definitely will be enchanted by a unique historical town as well as by spectacular mountain scenery.
- The return trip back to Salzburg takes us to Mondsee with the wedding church of the movie.
Know More about this tour
- Pick up from and return to your hotel
- Liability insurance
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Estimated Local Cash Needed: 30 Euro - Lunch, optional: fee for boat ride or museum
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 59 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 59 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dinner Experience at Salzburg Fortress and Mozart Concert in Salzburg
- Original Sound of Music Private Tour
- Salzburg Super Saver: Original Sound of Music and Salt Mines Day Trip
- Hallstatt Tour from Salzburg
- Schloss Mirabell Classical Music Concert in Salzburg
- Original Sound of Music and Historical Walking Tour Combo
- Private Tour: Hallstatt Tour from Salzburg
- Private Full-Day Tour from Salzburg: The Hills are Alive and Eagle's Nest